February 12, 2008

Finally, SOMETHING!!!

I got an email from my RE yesterday. They finally found something. It is weird to be excited that there is something wrong with me, but I am so happy! I have been so frustrated for so long.

It turns out they found anti-thyroid antibodies. I have an appointment with a medical endocrinologist (ME) next Monday. Then I will know more. Apparently thyroid problems have a huge impact on infertility and miscarriage.

I realized last night that I was still blaming myself for all of the miscarriages. I got these results from the doctor and realize now that it is NOT my fault. I did nothing to cause them. It was not just bad luck. There was a reason, now they have found it. This may not be curable, but it is treatable. That is amazing!

The RE wants me to go back on birth control for a few months to get things straightened out. After that its onto clomid and progesterone for a few months. I should start the birth control this Sunday.

Im so relieved they found something. I can stop wondering and questioning why this kept happening to me. Maybe Ill be lucky and it will never happen again....

"We may encounter many defeats, but we must not be defeated." ~Maya Angelou

No comments:

Post a Comment