February 29, 2008

Waves

I am overcome with a vision of the ocean. I can see and hear the waves crashing on the rocks. I can feel the water washing over me...

Today a tragedy happened. A friend went into the hospital to deliver their baby, when they got there the baby had no heartbeat. I dont know a better way to express myself. She went through pregnancy and labor, but will not get to see her son grow up. Even having gone through so many miscarriages doesnt prepare you for that. I am at a loss of what to say or do. We werent close, but our husbands are best friends.

I feel guilty. I was so jealous of them for being pregnant. I was angry. Now, they've lost their son. How can you go home to a house full of baby things after that? How do you go on day to day?

No comments:

Post a Comment